Welcome to the portfolio page of Karsten Mehnert!
As Digital Artists, Illustrator, Art Director and 3D Motion Designer I have over 19 years of experience in the film, computer games and advertisement industry.
In 2018, I started working for Mangold & Mangold, an advertisement agency, specialized in creating 3d animations for various industries, with a special focused on holographic displays.
In recent times, solving all challenges around 3d studio pipeline, render farm setup and management, as well as working with Deadline, Redshift3D and Octane became a fundamental part of my work.
I’m very honored to have worked on such brands as “Command & Conquer Play4Free” from Electronic Arts, “DSA Drakensang” from Radon Labs, the feature film “Jasper and the travel around the world” from ToonsNTales (Twenty Century Fox) and content for a holographic stage for Daimler.
- Setup and maintenance of a studio 3D Pipeline, including workstation and render farm administration
- Animation & Simulation (Hair with OrnatixC4D, Fluids with ReaFlowC4D, X-Particles and C4D Particles)
- Art Direction and Animation Direction (corporate design: online & print, mobile game/app )
- Concept Art (brand, character, environment, prob design, lighting)
- Story Boarding (process illustration, story driven character development & film)
- UI & User Experience Design (browser, mobile, optimized used acquisition and flow)
- 3D Character Animation (gravity, weight, timing, spacing, lip-sync & motion capturing)
- 3D Environment Art (concept, level art, modeling, texturing, elevation and progress)
- Establish and maintain Creative Vision (art and development team)
- Leading art teams & enhancing workflows; 5-20 art team (technical flows and creative skills)
- Project Pitching (clients, publishers)
- Maya (19 years: polygonal modeling, shading, rendering and rigging)
- Cinema4D – Expert (8 years, after being a Maya expert)
- ZBrush, 3D Coat – Pro (13 years: human anatomy, animal anatomy, hard surface modeling)
- Photoshop – Expert (24 years: painting, retouching, vector illustration)
- Excel, Powerpoint, Word & Outlook (19 years: scheduling, managing, presenting, writing)
- After Effects (14 years: compositing, keying, animation and fx)
- additional: Adobe Premiere